Hey, everyone! This was my original “L” day for the Spanking From A to Z Challenge. As I changed it, I thought I would give you a little ‘extra’ SpankA2Z post.
I decided to give you my limoncello recipe. Those who know me know that I rarely drink. But when I do, I have very specific tastes. This happens to be one of them.
* 12 lemons (thick skinned, meyers, Amalfi, Lisbon, Femminello St. Teresa..)
* 1 lime (thick skinned)
* 2 (750 ml) bottles 100% proof vodka, divided
* 2 cups water
* 2 cups granulated sugar
* Remove yellow part (zest) of lemon peel and the green part (zest) of the lime either with micro-plane or sharp peeler. If any pith (white part) remains on the back of a strip of peel, scrape it off. (HINT – use the microplane zester – it will be so much easier on your hands. Just zest onto parchment paper and then roll up and pour into bottle.)
* Place peels in a large jar with screw-top lid or sealed with clamps and cover with one bottle of vodka.
* Leave mixture to mellow for 2 weeks in a dark place.
* After mixture sets, combine sugar and water in a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar has dissolved. Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature (This is very important- if the sugar syrup is still warm the limoncello will result cloudy instead of limpid).
* Using a coffee filter or fine sieve, strain the vodka from the peels and mix it with the remaining bottle of vodka and the syrup. Put the liqueur in bottles, seal tightly (cork or screw-top lid) and let the components marry, in a dark place, for at least 10 days before using.
* For drinking straight, store the Limoncello in the freezer.
What does this have to do with spanking? Absolutely nothing 😀 But then again…sipping an ice cold limoncello with your ass aflame isn’t so bad. But don’t wait to make it – it takes about four weeks from start to drinkability.